Check out this quick spotlight interview we did with Teacher Jade. Jade became TEFL certified through our Internships Thailand Program where she trained for 3 weeks on the beautiful island of Koh Chang!
1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Easygoing, adventurous, relaxed
2. What do you enjoy most about your job
Walking into a classroom and having 10 tiny kindergarteners scream “Teacher! Teacher!” like I’m a celebrity.
3. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to learn to scuba dive.
4. Favourite travel spot
5. What has being a TEFL teacher taught you so far
Patience and lots of it.
6. What would people never guess you do in your role
I regularly forget the alphabet while singing it to my class. They often notice and find it hilarious.
7. What aspect of living and teaching abroad do you enjoy most?
The weekend vacations all over Thailand.
8. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
Seeing a dog wearing sunglasses riding a motorbike.
9. What are your 3 must have items when teaching and traveling?
“A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have”, also a good book and an open mind.
10. Do you have any advice for someone who wants to teach abroad?
Don’t hesitate, just do it.